Master of Arts in Disciple Making
The Master of Arts in Disciple Making is a two-year (36 semester hours) program of studies. The program provides opportunity for students to complete studies in the fields of Biblical, Theological-Historical, Church Ministries, and Religious Education.
The candidate for the Master of Arts in Disciple Making degree must earn a minimum of twenty-one semester hours through BMA Seminary.
Students may earn the Master of Arts in Disciple Making degree through on-campus classes, by online distance education, or through a combination of online courses and on-campus classes.
Goals for the Master of Arts in Disciple Making Program
Upon satisfactory completion of the Master of Arts in Disciple Making program, the graduate should be able to accomplish the following objectives:
- Demonstrate the ability to identify and defend biblical foundations for disciple making.
- Demonstrate the ability to evaluate, organize, and lead in strategies for making disciple makers within varied ministry contexts.
- Demonstrate personal spiritual growth related to key spiritual disciplines.
If you’re looking for an in-person or online degree that sharpens your skills for disciple-making ministry, including that as a volunteer in your church, the MADM program may be the perfect path for you.
What is a Master of Arts in Disciple Making?
The Master of Arts in Disciple Making is a unique degree that focuses upon helping professional and/or volunteers in ministry to prepare themselves for obeying Christ’s Great Commission to make disciples.
At BMATS, we’ve worked hard to develop a robust leadership development and disciple-making degree program that is accessible to as many people as possible. That’s why we offer an affordable Christ-centered education that can be earned both on campus and online.
BMATS is a ministry of the Baptist Missionary Association and a highly respected theological seminary in East Texas. Founded in October 1956, BMATS has a rich history of providing quality education to ministers and academics throughout Texas, the United States, and around the world.
Whether you plan to do schooling on campus or acquire your Master of Arts (Religion) online, our accredited seminary will provide you with all the tools you need to minister with knowledge and confidence.
Please reach out for more information about the MADM or any other theological studies you are interested in.
Earn a Master of Arts in Disciple Making Online
BMATS offers a flexible Master of Arts in Disciple Making online degree where you can take all your courses remotely. Students interested in taking some courses on campus can enroll in intensive “Motion” courses that typically require a week on campus preceded and followed by at-home studies. Our goal is to make acquiring a degree convenient for our students, including those who live far away.
What can you do with a Master of Arts in Disciple Making degree?
The Master of Arts in Disciple Making degree allows the student to prepare for several supportive and/or ministerial roles. The program is recommended for those who are studying for any of the following ministries or comparable lay positions:
- Associate Pastor
- Director of Women’s Ministry
- Director of Assimilation
- Minister of Christian Education
- Minister of Evangelism
- Mnister of Outreach/Disciple-Making
- Minister of Spiritual Formation
Master of Arts in Disciple Making (36 Hours)
The candidate for the Master of Arts in Disciple Making degree must complete a minimum of twenty-one semester hours through BMA Seminary.
UP to 15 semester hours of work may be transferred from an accredited institution toward the Master of Arts in Disciple Making degree.
Biblical Studies (9 Hours)
- OT 513-Old Testament Introduction and Survey I
- NT 513 New Testament Introduction and Survey I
- BI514 Biblical Hermeneutics
Theological-Historical Studies (9 Hours)
- TH 511 Systematic Theology I
- TH 512 Systematic Theology II
- TH 515 Christian Devotional Literature
Church Ministries (12 Hours)
- PM 514 Principles of Disciple-Making
- PM 517 Theology of Disciple-Making
- EV 512 Biblical Evangelism and Disciple-Making
- PM 631 Supervised Ministerial Leadership Experience
Christian Education (6 Hours)
- RE 536 Principles of Christian Counseling
- RE 531 Advanced Biblical Interpersonal Communication and Conflict Management
Request More Information
At BMATS, we want to provide our students with the most robust theological education. We aim to see you grow in your knowledge of Scripture and theology. That’s why we strive to offer one of the best Master of Arts in Disciple Making programs in Texas at an affordable cost.
Contact us today to request more information and find out if BMATS is the right school for you.