Free Course Review

by Apr 16, 2021

Student Review on Minor Prophet Free Course Offered Spring 2019

Interested in a future free class? Sign-up here!

I have just finished a FREE online class offered by our Baptist Missionary Association Theological Seminary. The title of the course was “Introduction to the Minor Prophets” and 4 others from my church were enrolled with me. Not only were 5 of us enrolled in the free course but another church member is acquiring his degree. It makes my heart rejoice knowing that I have brothers and sisters who are so interested in studying God’s Word till they are willing to step out into new territory.

Since 2016, I have been taking these free courses and in that time have had two professors. Most of us in the BMA of Kansas and Western Missouri know Tony M. Cleaver as Dr. Gerald Kellar’s son -in-law. The late Dr. Kellar was pastor of First Baptist Church, Galena, in the 1970’s for approximately 13 years. Today his son-in-law, Dr. Cleaver, is not only a professor at the seminary but is also Director of Distance Learning and a former BMAA military chaplain. My other professor, Dr. Phillip Attebery, is the Dean/Registrar and another great man of God. Both professors will answer any of your questions and encourage you through their courses.

Therefore, if you have trouble following a personal study plan, keeping yourself accountable, or just want to test new waters, enroll in the BMA Theological Seminary. It is fun to meet other people and read their opinions on various topics proposed by the professor. It also gives you a feeling of accomplishment when you receive that certificate upon completion. Encourage your friends and fellow church members to enroll with you. It makes the class more enjoyable when I can stop a brother or sister at church and ask how they did on their test or if they’ve finished a reading assignment. It is also nice to get together in person if we are struggling with any issue in the course.

According to Dr. Attebery, the fall course will be “The Major Prophets” and will use the same textbook as the spring class did, Handbook on the Prophets by Robert B. Chisholm Jr. For more information go to https://bmats.edu/free/. You can also email me at [email protected]. I hope to meet you online in class this fall! On a side note, Dr. Tony Cleaver also has ebooks available on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B004QA7K3A

Baptist Herald Assistant Editor, Becky Polok

Ready To Take The Next Step?

If you’re interested in learning more about our degrees at BMATS, you can contact us and we will be happy to answer any questions you have about pursuing a religion degree.